- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Solution: ConVirt for VMware
ConVirt is a powerful virtualization management platform for administering and automating your VMware infrastructure. Use ConVirt if you need to add self-service to your VMware deployment, hybrid cloud services with Amazon Web Services, or if you want to manage multiple hypervisor platforms from a "single pane of glass".
Try It ! Contact Sales
The Challenge of Managing VMware
VMware is the virtualization market leader, with the most mature, reliable and scalable virtualization stack in the industry, including their highly robust hypervisor and comprehensive management tools. But as strong as the VMware vCloud Automation Center offering is, there are some challenges:
- No Self Service - As data centers become more experienced with their vSphere and vCenter infrastructure, they are beginning to see the value of allowing internal and external customers to create and operate their own virtual machines within a quota-defined environment on a self-service basis. The challenge is that, while VMware supports this approach, it requires an expensive add-on to your existing VMware toolset, and comes with a dependency-laden, agent-based architecture that requires significant effort and planning to configure and deploy.
The challenge – how do you deliver self-service virtualization management in a cost effective way?
- Fragmented Virtualization and Cloud Management - VMware would like to be a major cloud computing player, but as a latecomer to the market, they have struggled to deliver a compelling solution. Public cloud companies like Amazon and Rackspace, and private cloud players like OpenStack have become the de-facto leaders in these markets, and enterprises have made significant investments in these platforms.
The challenge – how do you extend your data center management out to the cloud to ensure enterprise-class reliability, security and governance?
- Lack of VMware Alternatives - Existing VMware users may not be migrating away from VMware, but they’re concerned with costs and potential lock-in. A growing number of enterprises are pursuing a strategy of “second sourcing” – deploying a different virtualization technology in a separate part of the organization. But there are potentially significant costs and downsides of creating a new virtualization silo in the data center.
The challenge – how do you manage multiple hypervisor platforms in a flexible, non-disruptive and cost effective way?
- Limited Functionality for Standalone vSphere (ESXi) - VMware vSphere (ESXi) is one of the fastest virtualization platforms on the market, consumes a very small amount of resource overhead, and provides a rich set of features that are enterprise grade. But unfortunately, you cannot manage multiple standalone vSphere instances with the management client. You have to log-in individually to each server, or buy vCenter to manage the group.
The challenge – how can you centrally manage a pool of vSphere servers in a cost effective way?
ConVirt for VMware
ConVirt is an enterprise-wide solution for managing your virtualization infrastructure, including host servers, virtual machines, and related network and storage resources. ConVirt provides full lifecycle management of this infrastructure, including provisioning, configuration, monitoring, administration, and advanced automation and orchestration. Here are some key capabilities that our VMware customers have found valuable.
Let Your Customers Help ThemselvesA ConVirt Virtual Data Center (VDC) is a web-based self-service console that provides end users with the ability to manage a pre-defined set of virtual, cloud or physical machines. Data center administrators define the compute, network, storage, quota, and user requirements for an internal or external customer, then ConVirt automatically assembles the VDC from the available pool of resources in the data center, and creates an easy-to-use self-service console for customer administrators to use. more>>
Optimize Your Hypervisor MixWhether you’re looking to reduce the high costs of your VMware infrastructure, manage your transition from VMware-only to a mixed environment, or consolidate multiple hypervisor silos under a “single pane of glass”, ConVirt can help. One of the most powerful aspects of ConVirt is its ability to manage across a heterogeneous set of hypervisors and cloud platforms, including VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen, Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, and others. By normalizing functionality across these platforms up to a “highest common denominator” level, ConVirt can apply a standard set of management capabilities across them, making it easier for your IT staff to scale and providing a viable “second source” option to reduce your costs. more>>
Deliver Hybrid Cloud Services Combining VMware and AmazonVMware is king of the enterprise data center, but Amazon Web Services rules in public clouds. IT organizations need the ability to deploy applications to both platforms, based on a well-defined set of requirements, governance and policy rules. ConVirt allows IT organizations to manage both of these sets of resources from a single pane of glass, delivering them to end customers via self-service Virtual Data Centers with well-defined quotas, isolation, and user models. more>>
Manage Your Standalone vSphere Environment CentrallyDiscover and manage all your vSphere(ESXi) hosts from a central web-based console, including template-based provisioning and full VM lifecycle administration. ConVirt handles the most common virtual machine operations like start, stop and connect to VM console. more>>
Try It ! Contact Sales