- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Solution: ConVirt for Hyper-V
ConVirt is a powerful virtualization management platform for administering and automating your Hyper-V infrastructure. Use ConVirt if you need centralized management for your Hyper-V farm, self-service for your customers, or if you're migrating from VMware.
Try It ! Contact Sales
The Challenge of Managing Hyper-V
According to Gartner, Microsoft has improved its server virtualization products to the point that IT leaders should assess their VMware investments and consider whether Microsoft makes sense. But despite this progress, Hyper-V still has work to do in ease of management:
- Expensive Centralized Management - If you have a small virtualization environment (one to five hosts), the freely installable Hyper-V Manager gives you basic management capabilities. But once the number of hosts and virtual machines requires centralized management tools (rather than host-based), you need to make a significant investment in System Center VMM or an alternative.
The challenge – how can you centrally manage a pool of Hyper-V Servers in a simple, cost effective way?
- Expensive Self Service - - As data centers become more experienced with their Hyper-V infrastructure, they are beginning to see the value of allowing users to create and operate their own virtual machines within a quota-defined environment on a self-service basis. The challenge for you as a Hyper-V customer is that, while System Center VMM supports this approach, System Center VMM is expensive, and implementation is quite complex to design and disruptive to deploy.
The challenge – how do you deliver self-service virtualization management in a cost effective way?
- Fragmented Virtualization and Cloud Management - Over 65% of organizations actively use more than one hypervisor in their environment today. Many data centers even have a private or public cloud that is virtualized with multiple hypervisors, and the focus has become how best to manage that heterogeneous environment. But System Center does not give you the ability to manage across heterogeneous hypervisors and/or cloud platforms today.
The challenge – how do you manage multiple hypervisor platforms in a flexible, non-disruptive and cost effective way?
ConVirt for Hyper-V
ConVirt is an enterprise-wide solution for managing your virtualization infrastructure, including host servers, virtual machines, and related network and storage resources. ConVirt provides full lifecycle management of this infrastructure, including provisioning, configuration, monitoring, administration, and advanced automation and orchestration. Here are some key capabilities that our Hyper-V customers have found valuable:
Manage Your Hyper-V Server Environment Centrally
Self Service - Let Your Customers Help Themselves
Optimize Your Hypervisor Mix
Deliver Hybrid Cloud Services Combining Hyper-V and AmazonWhile Hyper-V is growing well in the enterprise data center, Amazon Web Services rules in public clouds. IT organizations need the ability to deploy applications to both platforms, based on a well-defined set of requirements, governance and policy rules. ConVirt allows IT organizations to manage both of these sets of resources from a single pane of glass, delivering them to end customers via self-service Virtual Data Centers with well-defined quotas, isolation, and user models.
Try It ! Contact Sales