- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Company: Press Release
Convirture Brings Strong Momentum into 20112010's new products and customer acceptance provide platform for growth
SAN FRANCISCO, January 19, 2011 - Convirture, maker of virtualization management software, reported its most successful year ever with new products and partner initiatives, as well as significant user adoption and customer acceptance of both its free ConVirt Open Source and the commercial ConVirt Enterprise software versions.
ConVirt software provides sophisticated, enterprise-grade software for managing virtualization and private-cloud environments based on open platforms such as Linux, Xen and KVM.
"The launch of ConVirt 2.0 Open Source in February really hit a chord with anyone looking for a better way to manage Linux virtualization," said Arsalan Farooq, CEO of Convirture. "The new features, combined with our datacenter experience from versions 1.x drove an incredible amount of downloads and valuable contributions to the product, which provided a great launch pad for our Enterprise version later in the year."
In July 2010, Convirture released ConVirt 2.0 Enterprise, which added additional features to the open source version, including advanced automation features as well as private cloud management capabilities.
Farooq continued: "ConVirt 2.0 Enterprise really established that a management toolset for both Linux virtualization and private clouds based on Xen and KVM could be every bit as sophisticated as the toolsets that are available for proprietary, closed platforms like VMware vCenter. The feedback from customers has been extremely positive."
Other 2010 highlights include
- ConVirt Open Source:
- Surpassed 45,000 downloads of ConVirt Open Source with 15,000+ downloads of version 2.0 since launch in February
- 2,000+ unique deployments
- ConVirt 2.0 Enterprise:
- Updated to include advanced automation features including high availability, backup and restore, dynamic workload management VLAN integration, as well as enhanced security capabilities such as LDAP support
- Launch of ConVirt 2.0 Enterprise "Starter Edition" to get people up and running quickly and cost-effectively
- More than 70 deployments of ConVirt 2.0 Enterprise
- Selection by CTOEdge.com as one of the "The 10 Most Important Enterprise IT Products of 2010"
- The establishment of the Convirture partner program
- A partnership with Canonical to deliver virtual machine and private cloud management on Ubuntu systems
- Signed agreements with large solution provider partners and managed service providers
- Signed distribution agreements with Linux kernel distributors
Over the next few months, Convirture plans to announce additional strategic and technology partnerships, along with new products and distribution alliances. "By building out our ecosystem and continuing to add features and capabilities to our core products, we will ensure that any IT manager seeking to grow their virtual and cloud environments on Xen and KVM will have the absolute best management capabilities and support in the industry. And that includes closed-source offerings," said Farooq.
Convirture was founded in 2006 to help organizations effectively manage open source virtualization platforms. More information is available at www.convirture.com.