- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Company: Press Release
Convirture Delivers Enterprise-Grade Backup and Recovery for OpenStack on KVM
Efficient, policy-based automated backups via easy-to-use web dashboard
SAN MATEO, Calif., Oct. 29, 2014 -
Convirture announces a new enterprise-class backup and recovery product for OpenStack on KVM. Convirture Backup for OpenStack and KVM (Convirture Backup) serves a critical function in the OpenStack ecosystem by providing a way to meet backup and recovery objectives, minimize downtime and data loss, and ensure that data is always recoverable for OpenStack on KVM.
Convirture Backup is a software-based product that provides automated, policy-based backup for OpenStack compute pools and tenants, with fast reliable recovery and an easy-to-use, web-based management console. The product is designed to minimize the load on virtual machines and hosts, reduce network bandwidth and storage disk space requirements, shorten backup windows, and simplify provisioning of backup services.
"We've consistently heard from OpenStack users that backup and restore capability was a major operational gap in the OpenStack ecosystem," said Arsalan Farooq, CEO of Convirture. "So much so, that quite frankly it's hard to imagine any enterprise moving into production with OpenStack on KVM without a comprehensive backup system."
The first demonstration of the new product will be on a webinar on Wednesday, November 5 at 1 pm Eastern. Details are available at convirture.com
Convirture Backup enables administrators to have multiple, concurrently active policies, making it much easier to enforce organizational, line-of-business and tactical requirements with ease.
Key features include:
- Automated, Policy-based Backup - administrators can define policies that govern how and when backups are done via an easy-to-use wizard. Policies can be defined at the compute pool or tenant level, and policy options include backup type, storage target, retention policy, schedule, target VMs, and advanced options such as encryption and backup proxies. The Convirture Backup dashboard provides visibility into backup status at the compute pool, tenant, and Virtual Machine level, including active backup policies, failed backups, VMs without backup policies, successful backups, and total backup size.
- Optimized Backups - Convirture Backup is highly efficient, reducing the load on your VMs and hosts, as well as your network bandwidth and storage. The product supports incremental and full backups, synthetic full backups, disk image or file system backups, and hot or cold backups. Deduplication and data compression help reduce traffic and storage requirements, and an optional backup proxy allows the backup work to be offloaded from production VMs and hosts.
- Fast, Reliable Recovery - Convirture Backup provides a range of easy-to-use restore options to support different backup and recovery objectives, including one-click restore of a VM, "quick restore" which starts the VM directly from the backup store, and file level recovery (FLR) that supports on-the-fly recovery of files and folders from a VM.
Availability is planned for Q1 2015 with pricing to be announced later. A beta program will be begin later this quarter. More information is available at convirture.com.
Since 2010, Convirture has been helping organizations effectively manage open source and proprietary virtualization and cloud platforms. More information is available at www.convirture.com.