- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Company: Press Release
Convirture Announces Easy-to-Use Management Platform for Hyper-V
Offers simple centralized control without changes to existing infrastructure;
Hyper-V support joins KVM, VMware, Xen and cloud computing platforms
SAN MATEO, Calif., January 14, 2014 -
Data center administrators now can now enjoy simple, cost-effective, centralized management of multiple Hyper-V hosts and virtual machines with the latest release of ConVirt Enterprise from Convirture. With the addition of Hyper-V support, ConVirt can now be used to manage the most widely deployed virtualization technologies including KVM, VMware and Xen.
By adding ConVirt Enterprise Cloud, a virtual machine and cloud management solution, businesses can also have a single point of control to manage cloud computing platforms, including Amazon EC2, Eucalyptus and OpenStack.
"There are a lot of businesses that are looking for a more sophisticated tool than Hyper-V Manager to manage multiple Hyper-V hosts, without the expense and complexity of stepping up to System Center and that's where ConVirt fits in," said Arsalan Farooq, CEO of Convirture. "We're the 'Goldilocks' solution: cost-effective, easy-to-deploy and use, but sophisticated enough to manage multiple instances across multiple hosts. And if an organization is using other hypervisors and cloud platforms, ConVirt is the single pane of glass to control them all."
New Features for Hyper-V
ConVirt Enterprise management of Hyper-V virtual servers includes:
- Centralized management of multiple Hyper-V instances - Microsoft's own Hyper-V Manager is optimized for basic management of virtual machines running on a single host. However, as the number of hosts (and virtual machines) increases, a management console for each host becomes unwieldy. ConVirt delivers centralized management, without the significant investment in System Center VMM or an alternative. Management capabilities include template-based provisioning, monitoring, configuration, along with host and virtual machine administration.
- Self-service virtualization management - Many IT managers want to provide the ability for their users to create and operate their own virtual machines within prescribed parameters. A ConVirt Virtual Data Center (VDC) is a web-based, self-service console that provides end users with the ability to manage a pre-defined set of virtual, cloud or physical machines. IT administrators define the compute, network, storage, quota, and user requirements for these self-service Virtual Data Centers, then ConVirt automatically assembles and provisions the VDC from the available pool of resources in the data center.
- Unified virtualization and cloud management - Data centers are increasingly heterogeneous, with more than one type of virtualization technology. ConVirt effectively manages multiple hypervisors, including Hyper-V, KVM, VMware and Xen. In addition, ConVirt extends its management capabilities outward to public cloud platforms such as Amazon EC2, OpenStack and Eucalyptus. By normalizing the functionality across these platforms up to a "highest common denominator" level, ConVirt can apply a standardized set of management tools and capabilities across them from a single point of control.
There is no rip-and-replace with ConVirt, as it builds on the existing features within each virtualization and cloud platform. Provisioning is done centrally so that cloud computing resources appear as an integral part of the data center.
ConVirt adds automation and orchestration spanning all of the supported virtualization types, with high availability and workload management capabilities which previously did not exist in some of the base virtualization software. This gives the administrators powerful functionality that previously wasn't there, along with visibility across disparate technologies from the central ConVirt console. This makes ConVirt significantly more efficient and cost-effective versus having individual, multiple consoles along with the expertise required to operate each one.
Details on ConVirt's features can be found at www.convirture.com/products.php.
ConVirt Enterprise and ConVirt Enterprise Cloud with Hyper-V support is now available directly from Convirture at www.convirture.com/contact.php. Volume pricing for an annual subscription starts at $449 per host for single socket servers. Users of ConVirt 3.0 with a current Gold Support and Maintenance package will receive Hyper-V support as a free update.
Convirture was founded in 2007 to help organizations effectively manage open source and proprietary virtualization and cloud platforms. More information is available at www.convirture.com.