- The ConVirt Advantage
- Quota & User Mgmt for AWS
- Self Service for Virtualization
- Unified Management
- Backup and Restore
- High Availability
- Workload Management
- ConVirt for VMware
- ConVirt for Hyper-V
- ConVirt for KVM
- ConVirt for Xen
- ConVirt for AWS
- ConVirt for OpenStack
Company: Press Release
ConVirt Enterprise Cloud Provides Unified Management of Virtualized Datacenters and Enterprise Cloud Deployments based on Xen and KVMNew Software from Convirture Enables Seamless and Cost-Effective Transition to the Cloud
SAN FRANCISCO, August 23, 2011 - Convirture today announced new software that enables enterprises to easily and effectively manage private clouds, hybrid clouds and traditional virtualized infrastructures with a single, sophisticated set of tools.
ConVirt Enterprise Cloud manages virtualized datacenters and enterprise cloud deployments from a single console. It provides full visibility into the datacenter environment and enables fast response to changing business demands by enabling IT administrators to manage the mix of how datacenter resources are allocated between traditional enterprise applications, private clouds and public cloud resources such as Amazon EC2.
"Enterprise clouds are the natural next step in the evolution of the virtualized datacenter and IT staff should be able to manage cloud-based computing resources right along with existing virtual machines," said Arsalan Farooq, founder and CEO of Convirture. "Our customers are not interested in a 'rip-and-replace' approach, which leads to the separation of the infrastructure used to deliver cloud services from the rest of the virtualized environment. With ConVirt Enterprise Cloud, IT staff can build out a virtualized data center in the most flexible and cost-effective way. By managing traditional virtualized workloads side-by-side with cloud operations, ConVirt ensures a holistic view of the entire datacenter and allows IT staff to react quickly to changing business priorities."
ConVirt Product Family: Open and Enterprise Ready
ConVirt Enterprise Cloud is the newest addition to the ConVirt product family, which is being used by tens of thousands of users worldwide.
ConVirt Open Source provides the core functionality for managing virtualized environment, including monitoring, configuration management, templates-based provisioning, and live migration. ConVirt Open Source is free to download and use, while support from Convirture is there when needed.
ConVirt Enterprise extends ConVirt Open Source with advanced automation and scalability features, such as high availability and dynamic resource allocation, necessary to run large scale or mission critical virtualization environments. ConVirt Enterprise is a commercially licensed product.
ConVirt Enterprise Cloud adds management support for private and hybrid clouds side-by-side with the rest of the virtualized environment. ConVirt Enterprise Cloud is a commercially licensed product. Features include:
- Ease of private cloud setup – Designate which parts of an existing infrastructure (server pools, networks, storage, and templates) should be used for the cloud deployment and ConVirt will take of the rest.
- Hybrid cloud support – Integrate Amazon EC2 deployments into the ConVirt console. View and provision new virtual datacenters and virtual machines from within ConVirt.
- Virtual datacenters - Provision new cloud clients within seconds, by specifying how much compute, network, and storage capacity to allocate to the each virtual datacenter. Each client gets access to ConVirt’s highly interactive web-based user interface, where they can manage their virtual machines without having any visibility into the underlying physical infrastructure.
- Resource quotas - Limit the compute, storage, and network resources that cloud clients can use, ensuring that they do not go above the allocated quota.
- Flexible service offerings - Pre-configure a set of service offerings, such as small, medium, large virtual machines, and make those available to cloud users. Alternatively, allow users to create and upload their own templates. Whether using public or private templates, cloud users can provision new virtual machines with a few simple clicks.
- Full multi-tenant security – ConVirt Enterprise Cloud delivers fine-grained, role-based access control, allowing sharing of infrastructure resources among multiple clients while ensuring full isolation.
- Advanced networking - Provides flexibility in setting up networking for cloud clients. Administrators can choose to put a client on an existing corporate network, pre-configure VLANs for them, or allow them to create their own VLANs within a specified quota. ConVirt Enterprise Cloud also manages allocation and configuration of Public IP addresses.
- Optimized cloud resource usage - Optimize cloud resource usage in accordance with business priorities. Define high-level policies, such as “run the cloud in the power saving mode” or “distribute load evenly across the cloud”, and ConVirt Enterprise Cloud will automatically re-allocate resources to meet business objectives.
- Highly available cloud - Protect clients against virtual machine and server failures by using ConVirt’s high availability features.
- Enterprise integration – Use ConVirt’s comprehensive set of APIs to achieve tight integration with enterprise applications, such as self-service portal.
- Support for third party private cloud infrastructure platforms – Integrate existing private cloud infrastructure deployments, such as Eucalyptus and OpenStack, into ConVirt to gain a centralized view of a virtualized datacenter.
"OpenStack has achieved great momentum and has a broad ecosystem of partners and vendors that support it," said Jonathan Bryce, OpenStack Project Policy Board Chairman. "A management toolset such as ConVirt Enterprise Cloud delivers more choice to users looking to build their cloud infrastructure on open standard technologies."
Availability and Pricing
ConVirt Enterprise Cloud will be generally available in September 2011. Pricing will be announced at that time.
Convirture was founded in 2006 to help organizations effectively manage open source virtualization platforms. More information is available at www.convirture.com.